It is the end of my 31-Day Challenge: The Power of Gratitude series. (Gasp!) It went by so fast. I was quite delayed in publishing some of my write-ups due to our weeklong trip and busy schedule this month, but I was able to express my gratitude by writing in daily posts in my gratitude journal. I was having too much fun writing down everything, I feel I should keep going. Although this online challenge ends, I will keep jotting down short entries to reap more added benefits to this wonderful virtue of being thankful every day.
There are countless of benefits one can get out of a grateful heart, I listed down 5 benefits of gratitude based on my own personal experience:
- Through this exercise, I become more mindful of the present, of hidden blessings just waiting to be recognized. The more I recognize them, the happier it makes me feel.
- If there is something that I love about this challenge, it is in knowing that the Lord has given me so much more than my words could ever express.
- One lesson I learned from this challenge is that there’s so much truth to the famous line: the best things in life are free. What brings the most joys are things that are readily available to us. If only we take the time to appreciate them, we’d find life in living.
- Each day is an opportunity to count our blessings. A single day has 24 hours, 1440 minutes, 86,400 seconds. Breathing a second to say thanks is never a waste of time.
- Gratitude is truly the best attribute to have. It keeps giving, it is not limited. It brings us in harmony with all the things around us.
Praise the Lord!
I ran across a wonderful post that includes scientific studies that were done on the benefits of gratitude. It was well-researched and is an interesting read. I enjoyed it so much and when I get the chance, I will definitely spend more time looking at the facts of this rather than just read through it. I decided to share it here in hopes that you may learn something from it, too. I listed the link below:
Have you done a gratitude challenge? What benefits have you experienced while doing it?
To read all 31 posts for this challenge, visit here.
*This post is part of my 31-day Challenge: The Power of Gratitude Series. Click on the image below to be directed to my posts. Thank you for being here today!
This article was linked in Twinky Tuesday!